CLE Sponsored by the Computer & Technology Section, State Bar of Texas Friday, December 1, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Texas Law Center, 1414 Colorado Street, Austin, TX 78701
Register Online Here or View the Full Program
Cost (Includes electronic materials, continental breakfast and lunch):
- $0 – Legal Aid and Texas Opportunity & Justice Incubator Attorneys
- $100 – Members of the Computer and Technology Section
- $125 – All others**
Overview. Leading practitioners will discuss a wide range of technology-related topics, including laws dealing with technology, security issues and recommendations, issues related to use of social media, latest developments in eDiscovery, tips and tricks to increase efficiency and realize cost savings, and more.
- Welcome and Opening Remarks by Chief Justice Nathan Hecht of the Supreme Court of Texas
- 15 Tech Laws to Protect Your Clients: Cases and Codes for the Courtroom: Shawn Tuma, Lisa Angelo, Pierre Grosdidier (45 Minutes)
- Improving Your Posture: How to Increase the Security of Your Practice and Protect Client Confidentiality: Elizabeth Rogers, David Coker (45 Minutes, 15 Minutes Ethics)
- #NoTweetingAfterMidnight: Ethical Use of Social Media for You and Your Clients: John Browning (30 Minutes, 30 Minutes Ethics)
- On Sale Now: eDiscovery for Low or No Cost: Craig Ball (30 Minutes)
- The Princess Bride: Mobile Lawyering and Using Low Cost Tech for Client Communication: Rick Robertson, Mark Unger (30 Minutes)
- 60 Apps in 60 Minutes: Tips, Tricks, and Technology to Improve Your Practice: Kristen Knauf, Joseph Jacobson, Shannon Warren, Al Harrison (60 Minutes)
Join us the evening before for a reception. Attendees and Section Members are invited to a reception from 5 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, November 30, 2017 at WeWork University Park located at 3300 N. Interstate 35, 7th Floor, Austin, TX 78705.
This event will sell out! Sign up soon to secure your spot. Approximately 50 seats only are expected to be sold for this exciting CLE. You will earn 4 hours of CLE credits while you learn the latest developments in technology and law, plus you get the chance to network with colleagues from around the state.
**Join the section for an annual fee of $25 on your My Bar Page and get all the additional benefits of membership in addition to saving money on this CLE.